Host an Event
We love a good party, and we are willing to bet that you do too. This year, we want you to host a Bat Week Party or other special event to get others excited about bats. You can feature bat-themed games, foods and drinks that are made possible by bats, and/or costume contests, – anything that highlights our amazing bats!
- We have downloadable invites here for you to print off and customize for your event.
- We also have a great craft for you or your party guests. Send everyone home with their own Bat Week Party Favor – an awesome candy bar wrapped in a bat. Click here for the template.
- We have a host of recipes here that you can use for your party or event. They feature foods and beverages that are made possible by bats! And, they are delicious!
- Why not host a bat house-making party. Click here for directions to make bat houses and here to learn where to install your finished bat house.
- Want to plant a native garden to help bats during the event? Here is more information.
- Want to have your guests make bat origami? Click here for instructions.
- Everyone loves to color! Use our HUGE Bat Week Mural to create some art during your event. Here is a guide to turn this into a fun and educational project.
- Need some decorations? Maybe you need a bunch of little brown bats hanging from the ceiling. Click here to make your own.
- Are you encouraging costumes? Click here for directions to make your own.
- Want to give a bat presentation? Here is one you can use (we’ve included notes).
- Want to host a movie night? Click here for a free video about White-nose Syndrome or here for the movie, “Batman of Mexico.” Have a younger audience? Then our “Bat Squad” videos are the perfect answer. You can find all four episodes here.
- Hosting a public event? Be sure to can add your event information to our Twitterand Facebook pages. We can help you reach even more bat fans.
- Click here for all of the 2017 Bat Week tools. There are so many ways to take action for bats!
Free Battoos for Trick-or-Treaters
Grab your free temporary Bat tattoos to hand out during trick-or-treating here. Who wants candy? We want bat tattoos! Available while supplies last, so order yours now. Want to see the battoos? Click here.
Just for you, we have put together a webinar called, “Go to Bat for Bats: Planning for Bat Week 2017.” We’ll share a ton of great tools that you can use to have an amazing Bat Week Celebration. Rob Mies of the Organization for Bat Conservation and Sandy Frost with the Forest Service will share conservation and education opportunities and resources to help you increase awareness about bats and engage your community. Click here for the link to this one-hour webinar.