BAT WEEK OCTOBER 24 - 31, 2019
Bat Week is an annual, international celebration of the role of bats in nature
BAT WEEK IS AN ANNUAL, INTERNATIONAL CELEBRATION OF THE ROLE OF BATS IN NATURE
Teach and Learn
Teaching others about bats is rewarding. If you are a teacher, you can incorporate these activities and information into your lessons. As a bat enthusiast, you can visit a school classroom or set up a table at a local event, or host a bat festival. Bat Week provides you with PDF’s to print and share, kid activities, and other ideas on this website. You can study and celebrate bats at any time of the year. And remember to share your love of bats with friends and family through social media. We want everyone to learn about the wonder of bats! You can be creative. You can be involved. You can be a Bat Hero!
Youth and Student Actions
- Start a bat or nature club.
- Contribute your art, poetry, and essays to conservation organizations.
- Make a video about how wonderful bats are.
- Ask your teacher to teach about bats.
- Plant a garden for bats (that attracts yummy insects).
- Ask for a bat-themed birthday party.
- Study your personal habitat and help keep it clean and green.
- Go outside. Look for bats flying in the sky at sunset. See them at work, catching insects.
- Share that you care. Just telling people that you think bats are cool is a huge help!